Smoked Queso Dip
Behind the Recipe
The One That Brings Everyone to Their Feet
You know that feeling when you’re grilling outside with friends and you announce “Food’s ready–let’s eat”, and everyone hesitates for a slight moment? Like some polite, embarrassed standoff to see who’s going to fill their plate first?
Yeah. No. Not with this smoked queso dip recipe.
This is the smoked queso dip recipe you want when you want everyone to jump to their feet, because this is the smoked queso dip that everyone can agree on. Put it over nachos, on top of burgers, on tacos and burritos… eat it with a spoon for crying out loud. Queso is the ultimate crowd-pleaser, and adding a little touch of smoke adds depth to its flavor.
We invite you to put your own spin on this recipe. In the meantime, here’s a few ideas for how to adjust this smoked queso dip to your liking:
- Sub in a different meat like shredded chicken, ground beef or chorizo
- Go heavy on the jalapenos for a spicier result
- Try a variety of peppers like banana peppers or chipotle peppers
- Make your own pico de gallo instead of rotel
- Use cream of mushroom instead of the milk
- 1 kg of Queso Blanco Velveeta, cubed
- 1 kg of hot ground sausage, browned
- 230 grams of shredded Mexican Cheese
- 2 cans of Rotel
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 cup of flavored wood chips
- Using the Negrill app set your Pellet Grill to the Smoke cooking method at 125°C.
- Brown the ground sausage in a skillet until it’s fully cooked.
- Cut the Velveeta cheese into small cubes.
- Place all ingredients into a cast iron skillet.
Add your wood pellets to the hopper and close the lid.
Place the cast iron skillet onto your grill for 45 minutes to 1 hour until melted.
Give it a stir & serve!